Masala pav is a tasty, delicious and a perfect option for all street food lovers. Its very simple and easy to make at home. This masala pav is a good option for breakfast and it can also be served with evening snacks.
- 2 pav / bread
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 inch Ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ capsicum finely chopped
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- ½ tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup Water or as required
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- firstly, on a tawa or a in a kadai heat butter.
- further, saute chopped ginger and garlic till they turn golden brown.
- also add onions and saute well.
- furthermore, add chopped capsicum and continue to saute.
- add finely chopped tomato and fry till they are soft.
- furthermore, create a well to add masalas.
- add chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and salt.
- also add little water and mash and cook the masala well.
- scrape the masala to one side of pan.
- further, add butter on to tawa.and cut the pav into half.
- then toast it for a minute.
- further, turn over and spread generous amount of prepared masala on both the pav.
- also spread the masala over the pav and garnish with chopped coriander leabes.
- finally, serve masala pav hot with sliced onions and a piece of lemon.
Recipe Link : https://www.hungryforever.com/recipe/masala-pav-recipe/
Chicken Rendang – amazing dish that’s slow-cooked in coconut milk with chicken, and spices, Deeply flavorful. This rendang recipe is so rich in flavour that you will never have enough. The best rendang recipe ever. It is one of the specialties dish in Malaysian cooking.
- 1 1/2 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Star Anise
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 Lemongrass white part only, pounded and cut into strips
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup Water
- 5 kaffir lime leaves bruised
- 5 tablespoons toasted grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon sugar or to taste
- Salt to taste
- 6 Shallots
- 1 inch piece galangal
- 3 stalks Lemongrass white part only
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch piece Ginger peeled
- 10 dried chilies (chili arbol)
- All all the ingredients of the Spice Paste in a food processor. Blend well.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add the Spice Paste, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, and cardamom pods and stir-fry them until aromatic. Add the chicken and lemongrass, stir to combine well with the spices. Add the coconut milk, water, and simmer on medium heat, stirring frequently until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the kaffir lime leaves, toasted coconut, stir to blend well with the chicken. Lower the heat to low, cover the lid, and slowly simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the liquid has dried up. Add more sugar and salt to taste to taste. Serve immediately.
Pepper Kuzhambu is a very tasty dish which goes well with hot steamed rice. Since we are adding garlic, curry leaves and whole black pepper, it has lot of health benefits also.
- 2 tbsp peppercorns
- 2 tsp fenugreek
- 3 Red chillies
- ½ tbsp Asafoetida
- 75 gram Tamarind
- 1 tbsp Bengal Dal
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- jaggery Lemon Size
- Salt to taste
- a few curry leaves
- *Dry roast fenugreek and grind to fine powder. dont add oil for frying
- Soak tamarind for 5 minutes in warm water.
- Dry roast and grind the following ingredients Peppercorns, Red Chillies, Bengal gram Dal, Coriander seeds, with little water.
- Heat oil in a Pan and add the mustard seeds and allow it to splutter then sprinkle Asafoetida.
- Sprinkle fenugreek powder over the mixture.
- Add the tamarind paste and salt. Cover, simmer and cook till the raw smell of tamarind goes off.
- Then add Jaggery, the ground paste, and little water and allow it to boil.
- Simmer it for 5 minutes and finally add 2 tbsp of oil and chopped Curry leaves.
- Serve with boiled rice.
Posto chicken is a special bengali chicken recipe in which the chicken is cooked with poppy seeds and a variety of other indian spices.
- 750 grams Chicken cut into small pieces
- 6 tablespoon Poppy seeds soaked in water
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger peeled
- 4 green chillies
- 2 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 4 tablespoons mustard oil
- Salt to taste
For whole spices :
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Cardamom (Pods /Seeds)
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
For marination :
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil
- To begin making the Posto Chicken recipe, wash and clean the chicken (cut into small pieces).
- Mix with all the above ingredients under ‘marinade’. Cling wrap the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Soak Poppy Seed in water and then grind to make a paste along with cloves, ginger and green chilli.
- Heat mustard oil in a wok or pan. Temper the oil with ‘whole spices’ and when they start bristling add finely chopped onion and fry till golden.
- Add chopped tomato and fry till the tomato is mushy.
- Add the poppy seed paste and Red Chilli powder and Garam Masala powder.
- Fry the masala till oil starts leaving the sides.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and fry them till the raw smell goes off and they loose their pink color and becomes a light yellow.
- Adjust salt as need and add about 1/2 cup of water or more as needed for the gravy.
- Cover the lid and cook till the chicken is done. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Serve Posto Chicken along with Steamed Rice and Smoked Chicken Tandoori as a side dish.
Gongura Pachadi is a very popular and authentic dish of Andhra Pradesh. In Tamil, Gongura is called Pulicha keerai because of its sour taste. Its made of fresh Gongura leaves and spices. Spice, sour are the main aspects of the dish. This recipe is easy to make.
- 2 teaspoons Musterd seeds
- 1 teaspoons Corriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 5 piece Red chillies
- 5 piece Green chilies
- 1 teaspoons Fenugrek seeds
- 4 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 bunch Gongura
- 15 piece Small boiling onions peeled
- 1/2 cup. chopped onion
- 20 leaf Curry Leaves
- Oil as required
- Wash gongura leaves and boil them in a vessel (add little turmeric)till the leaves become soft.
- Wash the green chilies and boil them in a vessel till the chilies become soft.
- Fry fenugreek seeds,cumin seeds (half),coriander seeds separately.Grind them into a powder.
- Add the Gongura leaves(cooled down), green chilies, salt(for taste),garlic(4 pieces) and grind them until it becomes a paste.
- cut half onion into small peices(1/2 cup of choped onion).
- On a frying pan, add 5 tea spoons of oil, add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,curry leaves, red chillies, spice powder and onion peices fry them till onion pieces turn transparent.
- Add the above to the gongura paste and mix well.
- Deep fry the boiling onions(small white onions) and add it to the gongura paste.tastes very good.
Egg Roast is a delicious dish prepared with boiled eggs with onions, tomato, ginger, garlic and the kerala spices. This hearty egg roast that can boost your senses. Learn how to prepare Egg Roast by following this simple & easy recipe from HungryForever.Com.
- 1 tbsp Oil (adjust as needed)
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 onions thinly sliced
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste or grated ginger
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 2 Boiled eggs
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- ¼-½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- Pinch of turmeric (optional)
- Boil eggs, shell them. Pierce them randomly with a fork or knife and keep aside.
- Add oil to a pan and heat it. Add cumin and allow to crackle.
- Add onions, sprinkle salt and fry until golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add tomatoes and fry until they turn mushy.
- Add eggs, curry leaves, red chili powder, garam masala, turmeric and fry for about 3 to 5 minutes or till the spice powders blend well. If needed sprinkle 1 to 2 tbsp. water to prevent the roast looking dry. The raw smell of tomatoes should also disappear. Serve egg roast with rice, bread or chapathi.
Recipe Link : https://www.hungryforever.com/recipe/egg-roast-recipe/
Egg Maggi Recipe – is one of the favorite breakfast and snacks for everyone. This is a quick and easy recipe, you can prepare it in a few minutes. Nobody can resist this yummilisious and mouthwatering appetizer.
- 2-3 eggs (use 3 if eggs are small in size)
- 2 single Maggi packs
- 1 ½ cups Water or as required
- ½ medium onion (sliced)
- ½ capsicum or bell peppers (sliced)
- Red or green chilli to taste (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (optional)
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder (optional)
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp red chilli powder or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2-3 tbsp Hot and Sweet Maggi sauce (or ketchup)
- To cook the maggi, in a microwave safe bowl, break 2 packs of maggi, add the masala, leave a little bit to garnish in the end.
- Add a little less than 1 ½ cups of water. Cook in the microwave for 4 minutes on high. Once done keep it aside. Do not worry if you see some water left, the maggi will soak it up. Don’t be tempted to cook more, you don’t want to make the maggi mushy.
- You can even cook the maggi on the stove, follow the same instructions(but bring the water to a boil and then add the maggi).
- In a pan, add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, once hot add the sliced onion and fry on high flame for 4 minutes until the onions become crisp.
- Add the capsicum and the chillies next and fry to 3-4 minutes(add the shredded cabbage at this time if you have some). Then add the spices, a pinch of turmeric powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp roasted cumin powder and salt to taste.
- Cook for a minute and then add 2-3 tbsp of hot and sweet maggi sauce and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Then push the veggies aside, and break 2-3 eggs, scramble and combine the eggs with the veggies. Cook until the mixture is completely dry.
- Toss in the cooked maggi and mix well for about 2 minutes and your egg maggi is done.
- Serve hot and sprinkle some leftover maggi masala and crushed black pepper. Enjoy!
Rasgulla recipe, a spongy and delicious milk-based sweet originating from West Bengal. Rasgulla is a popular sweet made during Diwali festival.
- 1 litre Full Fat Milk
- 2-3 tablepoon fresh lime juice or vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tablespoon crushed pistachios (for garnish)
For Chenna Recipe
- Bring the milk to a rolling boil and then lower flame to simmer.
- Add 2 tbsp of the lime juice and stir gently.
- You will find that the cheese starts separating from the whey. The whey needs to turn a clear, faint green. If it still seems milky, add some more lime juice. I needed the full 3 tbsp.
- When the cheese has completely separated (should take about 2-3 mins on very low flame), turn off heat and pour into a colander lined with a cheese cloth or clean cotton cloth.
- Gather the ends and squeeze tightly. Take care though, the chenna inside will be extremely hot. Run this under some cold water at the sink. This step is to remove the flavour the lime juice imparts to the cheese.
- Tie the cloth ends to the tap and let the remaining whey and water drip off. I left it like this for about 30 mins.
- Transfer the chenna into a wide bowl or plate and knead well with your fingertips.
- The crumbliness will soon give way to a smooth consistency. The chenna won’t be sticky at any point
- Gather together into a ball and proceed to make whatever sweet you have in mind for this Diwali festival season.
For sugar syrup recipe
- After the chenna has drained of extra moisture for about 30 minutes, give it a whizz in a blender or mixer to make it smooth and let out more water.
- Remove and knead well for 3 minutes. At the end of it, you should be able to make smooth balls out of the chenna easily. If not, knead for a bit longer. The size of the rasgulla will double on cooking in sugar syrup so remember to makem smaller to begin with
- Add the sugar and water to your pressure cooker and bring to boil. Mix well for the sugar to dissolve, lower heat to very low and add the rasgulla balls gently into the syrup.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook without whistle for about 7-8 minutes on medium-low flame.
- Turn off heat and wait 5 minutes before opening the cooker lid. You’ll find spongy rasgulla that’s doubled in size!
- Cool completely, add crushed pistachios on top and refrigerate rasgulla in syrup until ready to serve
Brinjal is also called as eggplant. Brinjal is high in water content and potassium. It is suppose to possess many medicinal properties and is used as a remedy for cancer, hypertension and diabetes. Brinjal can be made in several different ways and here is the most quick, easy and tasty Brinjal Fry recipe.
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Kaduku
- 1 tsp Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi
- Curry Leaves a sprig
- Wash the brinjal and cut into small round pieces. Grind the ingredients given for masala in a blender and crush them. Set this aside till use.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add in the seasoning ingredients. Let them sizzle for a min.
- Add in the brinjal and toss well in the oil. Season with salt and turmeric powder. Cook for till it turns light golden.
- ow add in the ground masala and mix well. Cook it on a medium flame till golden.
- Serve with rice.
Recipe Link : https://www.hungryforever.com/recipe/brinjal-fry-recipe/