Fried rice, needless to say, is a Chinese dish that has several other distinct cousins in parts of Asia and certain other countries as well. For instance, Thailand has the Khao Pad, Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines have Nasi Goreng, and so on. India too has its own rendition, the soy sauce-doused, kadhai-tossed fried rice.
The paneer fried rice is the brainchild of desi Chinese celebrants. The dish a little to not spiced rice mix with chopped vegetables and finely diced cottage cheese. A sheer delight for vegetarian Chinese lovers, the paneer fried rice can be made using this recipe.
- ½ cup Basmati rice
- ¼ cup paneer cubed
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 3 tbsp cabbage finely chopped
- 2 tsp Spring onions green; finely chopped
- 1 tsp Spring onions white; finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capsicum finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Toast the paneer cubes with a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Drain on tissue paper and set aside.
- Soak basmati rice for 15 minutes, then pressure cook for 3 whistles on medium flame.
- Spread the cooked rice on a plate and fluff it up with a fork and add a teaspoon of oil and let it cool down.
- In a pan heat oil and add garlic, spring onion whites and sauté for a minute till it turns slightly brown.
- Then add carrot, cabbage and capsicum and on a medium high flame, fry till the vegetables are cooked.
- Now add pepper powder, salt, soya sauce and stir well on medium high flame.
- Add cooked rice and give a quick stir.
- Then add spring onions greens, fried paneer cubes and give a quick stir.
- Switch off the heat.
- Serve hot with your choice of side dish or gravy.
Visit : https://www.hungryforever.com/recipe/paneer-fried-rice-recipe/ click here for more recipes