Prep&Cook Time : 1 hour 5 mins
- ¾ cup badam / almonds
- 1 cup hot water
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- 4 cardamom / elachi powdered
- 2 tbsp Ghee (clarified Butter)
- firstly, in a large bowl soak almonds in hot water for 1 hour.
- now slowly peel the skin from badam and keep aside.
- also pat dry the badam making sure there is no moisture present.
- transfer the badam into a small blender and blend to coarse powder.
- keep aside.
- meanwhile, prepare the sugar syrup by adding ¾ cup sugar and ½ cup water.
- keeping the flame on low, stir continuously.
- boil the sugar syrup till it forms one string consistency.
- now add the prepared almond powder, saffron milk and cardamom powder.
- mix continuously keeping flame on low to medium.
- continue to mix continuously till the mixture starts to leave the pan.
- transfer the badam dough onto the butter paper.
- and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- grease your hand with little ghee and knead for a minute.
- once you get smooth dough, roll the dough with a rolling-pin,.
- furthermore, cut the dough into square shape or the shape you wish for.
- you can also decorate with silver leaf / silver vark.
- finally, serve badam burfi / badam katli on diwali or any festival.
Visit : https://www.hungryforever.com/recipe/badam-burfi-recipe/ click here for more recipes