Urad Dal Kachori is a crunchy delicious snacks filled with a spicy Urad Dal stuffing.Kids will loved this kachori.
SERVES : 4
PREP&COOK TIME : 30 mins
- 1 cup Split black gram with skin (chilkewali urad dal)
- 3 cups Refined flour (maida)
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds coarsely powdered
- salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
Wash and soak the black gram split for 3-4 hours. Drain and grind coarsely. Take little oil in a frying pan, add asafoetida, finely chopped green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves, chaat masala and coarsely ground cumin seeds.
Mix well and add salt to taste. Add ground gram. Mix again. Take off the heat. Knead the refined flour with 2 tablespoons of oil, salt and enough water to make a stiff dough.
Make small balls of the dough. Flatten slightly and stuff a teaspoon of the dal mixture. Shape into a ball and roll into 3” discs.
Heat oil and fry each kachori till crisp and golden. Serve hot with any pickle of your choice.