Tomato bath recipe is a very easy to make tasty one pot meal that you can serve for lunch or pack in tiffin.
PREP&COOK TIME : 40 mins
- 1 tbsp Ghee (clarified Butter)
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 5 cloves (lavang)
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 inch cinnamon stick / dalchini
- 10 whole cashews, halved
- 2 medium sized onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste / adrak lasun paste
- 2 medium sized tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, slit lengthwise
- ½ carrot chopped
- ¼ cup peas
- 1 small Potato cubed
- 5 beans chopped
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp pudina / mint finely chopped
- 1 cup Basmati rice soaked 20 minutes
- 1.5 cup Water
firstly, in a pressure cooker heat ghee and saute spices, cashews.
also add onions and saute well.
additionally, add ginger garlic paste and chili. saute well.
now add finely chopped tomatoes and saute well.
further add mixed vegetables of your choice.
saute the vegetables for 2 minutes.
also add red chili powder, turmeric, salt, coriander leaves and mint.
continue to saute for 2 minutes.
now add basmati rice soaked for 20 minutes.
further add 1.5 cups of water and give a good mix.
cover and pressure-cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
finally, tomato pulao or tomato bath is ready to serve with raita.