A popular dish known as Dum ka chicken, is a very rich, aromatic and flavourful dish, chicken cooked in its own juices combined with lot of spices, almonds and cream in slow cooking method.
SERVES : 4
PREP&COOK TIME : 4
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoons. Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoons. shahi jeera
- 3 numbers cinnamon sticks
- 4 numbers Cardamom
- 5 numbers Cloves
- 1 tablespoons red chilly powder
- 1 tablespoons Green chilly paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 numbers Fried onions (medium size)
- 1 teaspoons ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoons Cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoons chironji
- 1000 grams Chicken
- 1/4 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 bunch mint chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander chopped
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Oil
Take chironji and cashew nuts, put into the blender and add water make a paste.
Take a pan(with lid) add chicken, add the paste of chironji and cashew nuts, ginger garlic paste, fried onions, yogurt, green chilly paste, red chilly powder, whole garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric, salt, chopped mint,
Chopped coriander and squezze the lime juice and add oil mix this well rest it for 2 hour, after that take out the chicken,
Add water(optional if required as gravy ), then take the lid and place the edges with dough on the lid and seal it,
Cook this in a medium to flame for 15 minutes and reduce the flame and place back the pan on the iron tawa and cook this in a slow flame for 25 minutes.
Then switch off the flame and leave it aside, serve this with roti, or rice.