Crispy shrimp tossed in a creamy sweet sauce and candied walnuts. This is so much better than take out and one of the best shrimp recipes.
SERVES : 4
PREP&COOK TIME : 35 mins
- 1 cup Water
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- 1/4 cup ⁄3mayonnaise
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Stir together the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet to dry. Whip egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Stir in the mochiko until it has a pasty consistency. Heat the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium-high heat. Dip shrimp into the mochiko batter, and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a medium serving bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk. Add shrimp and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the candied walnuts on top and serve.