Serve chicken spiedini over a bed of spaghetti. Garnish with more parsley, freshly grated parmesan and some lemon juice! The complete recipe is given below!
SERVES : 3
PREP&COOK TIME : 35 mins.
- 2 roughly chopped cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 pinch Freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice for spritzing
- coarse salt and pepper
Start by stewing your tomatoes. Add the chopped tomatoes to a saucepan and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Increase the heat, toss in the butter, stock, sugar, salt and pepper and simmer for 45 more minutes.
In a shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, lemon zest, garlic and a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
In another, combine 2 Tbs. oil and melted butter.
Dredge the chicken pieces through the butter/oil mixture, then through the breadcrumb mixture. Place pieces on wooden skewers.
Heat the remaining 2 Tbs. oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Cook the chicken until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 8 minutes total.
Cook the pasta until it reaches al dente. Drain and add to the tomato sauce. Toss to combine.
Serve chicken spiedini over a bed of spaghetti. Garnish with more parsley, freshly grated parmesan and for the sake of the babies, more lemon juice!