Methi and mutter are a super-hit combination as their flavours complement each other well. Add to this a fragrant masala paste, an even more zestful. The recipe is given below !
SERVES : 4
PREP&COOK TIME : 40
- 2 cups chopped fresh fenugreek leaves
- 1 cup boiled green peas
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 2 tbsp ghee/oil
- 1/4–1/2 cup Water
- sugar to taste optional
- salt to taste
Ingredients for the paste
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 1 tsp Jeera/cumin seeds
- 3–4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Ginger chopped
- 1–2 Green chilies chopped
- 1/4 cup cashewnuts chopped
- Add all the ingredients for the paste in a blender and grind without adding water.
- Keep aside.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan.
- Add the ground paste and fry the paste for 6–7 minutes till it starts giving a fragrant aroma.
- Keep on stirring in between to avoid the paste from sticking to the pan. Add a little water if it sticks to the pan.
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves and ¼ cup water or more.
- Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the boiled peas and cream.
- Simmer for 5–6 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the sugar and salt and mix well.
- Garnish and serve hot with indian breads.