This Mushroom pickle made with milky mushrooms.the taste was amazing and it’s really a must try tasty and healthy recipe.The recipe is given below !!
SERVES : 5
PRPE&COOK TIME : 40 mins
- 500 grams Button mushrooms quartered
- 1 Juice of lemon
- 5 tablespoons mustard oil
- 20-25 garlic cloves
- 2 inches Ginger roughly chopped
- 4-5 dried red chillies
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Split mustard seeds (rai ki dal)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek (methi) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black salt (kala namak)
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste
- Salt to taste
Boil the mushrooms in plenty of water to which juice of 1 lemon is added. Drain and set aside.
Heat mustard oil in a non-stick pan.
Put garlic and ginger in a mixer jar and grind coarsely.
Roughly break dried red chillies and add to the oil. Add asafoetida, mustard seeds and split mustard seeds and saute till fragrant.
Add coarsely ground garlic and ginger, mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add Kashmiri red chilli powder, mustard powder, fenugreek powder, turmeric powder and black salt and mix well.
Add tamarind paste and mix well. Add salt and mix well. Add mushrooms and mix well and cook till mushrooms get heated through.
Cool and transfer into glass jar, close with a lid and set aside for 2-3 days.