Shahi pulao is the great delicacy of rice recipes made with basmati rice, tasty veggies, paneer and the shahi masala powder. This pulao is basically a Mughlai version of spicy pulao recipes.
Serves : 7
Prep&Cook Time : 40
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice (chawal)
- 1 tbsp cashewnuts (kaju)
- 1 tbsp raisins (kismis)
- 2 tbsp paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
- 3/4 cup boiled green peas
- 2 green chillies , finely chopped
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (shahjeera)
- 2 sticks cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 3 cardamoms
- 1 tbsp chopped mixed fruits (any stewed fruit)
- 1/2 tsp saffron (kesar) strands strands strands
- 4 tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
- Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate. Drain and cool.
- Heat the ghee and fry the cashewnuts. Remove and keep aside.
- Fry the raisins in the same ghee. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the shah-jira, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and green chillies to the ghee and fry again.
- Add the rice, paneer, green peas, fruit pieces and salt and mix well.
- Warm the saffron a little, rub in a little warm water and add to the rice.
- Decorate with the fried cashewnuts and raisins.
- Serve hot with curds or curry.