Chettinad cuisine is something that if you try once you will be hooked to it provided you eat spicy food. This prawn curry is to die for, so flavorful, spicy and delicious.
Serves : 3
Prep&Cook Time : 20 mins.
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cardamom
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (sombu)
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 grams’ prawns, cleaned and de-veined
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and add in the fennel seeds, cardamom and curry leaves. Let it sizzle.
- Add in the finely chopped onions and fry for 5-6 minutes until the onions are brown.
- Add in the tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, spice powders and the salt. Saute for 5-6 minutes on medium flame until the tomatoes are cooked and the oil starts separating from the mixture. The mixture should be dry by now.
- Add in the cleaned and de-veined prawns to the mixture. Prawns cook fast. Saute for 4-5 minutes until the prawns are fully cooked. Switch off the flame and garnish the prawn masala with coriander leaves.