Mor Kuzhambu is commonly prepared in South India. It is easy to prepare and tastes great with hot steamed rice and potato fry.
Serves : 4
Prep&Cook Time : 20 mins.
- Pumpkin-Ash gourd- 1 cup cubed
- Thick Buttermilk- 3 cups (whisked)
- Turmeric Powder -1/4 tsp
- Salt as required
- Grated Coconut -1/2 cup (loosely packed)
- Green chillies- 4 -5
- Tur dal -1 tsp
- Coriander seeds- 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds-Jeera -1 tsp
- Raw rice -1/4 tsp
For the seasoning
- Coconut oil -1 tsp
- Mustard -1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves-little
- Take buttermilk in a vessel, add turmeric powder, needed salt and mix well.
- Now add the cooked pumpkin and the ground paste to the buttermilk. Mix well.
- Reduce the heat and boil (stirring) for 3–4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add curry leaves and pour the seasoning over the kulambu.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or adai.
- Instead of white pumpkin, colocasia (seppan kizhangu), chow-chow or ladies finger can be used. In case if you are using ladies finger, saute it in oil until well cooked and then add to the kulambu.