Kaddu Ki Sabzi Recipe is a Quick, spicy and sweet kaddu sabzi or pumpkin sabzi that can be made for special occasions or just as a part of everyday meal. Since it is no-onion no-garlic recipe it can be also made for festivals and fasting.
Serevs : 4
Prep&Cook Time : 35 mins.
- 1 small pumpkin/kaddu
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 dry red chilies
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp sugar or 2 tsp crushed jaggery
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¾th cup water
- a few chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- rock salt
- Wash the pumpkin. peel and chop the pumpkin.
- In a pressure cooker or pan heat oil.
- Add the fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds and fry for a minute on a low flame.
- Now add the red chilies and fry for some 15 seconds.
- Add the chopped pumpkin and all the dry spice powders except garam masala and dry mango powder.
- Add the sugar or jaggery.
- Mix the pumpkin with the rest of the spices and sugar/jaggery. Add water and salt.
- Cover the cooker with a lid and pressure cook for 7-8 minutes.
- If you do have a pressure cooker than cover the pan with a lid and cook the pumpkin for some 15-20 minutes till they become soft and mushy.
- Now mash the cooked and soft pumpkin with a spoon and add the garam masala and dry mango powder.
- Stir the mashed pumpkin well and cook for minute or two.
- If the sabzi still looks watery to you, then evaporate the water from the sabzi by cooking it without the lid. The sabzi should not be dry nor watery, just in between.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.