Kadai mushroom is a popular restaurant dish. It is a must try recipe . Spicy yummy and mouthwatering dish .You can have it with chapati.naan, butter naan, missi roti and pulao ect.
Serevs : 4
Prep&Cook Time : 40 mins
for kadai masala
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 4 dry red chilies (broken)
- ½ tsp cumin seed
- ½ inch cinnamon
- 1 green cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 3 to 4 black pepper
- 1 single strand of mace
- 200–250 gms button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 medium to large capsicum (julienned)
- ¾ cup tomato puree
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves (crushed)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt as required
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- ½ inch ginger (julienne)
Preparing the kadai masala
- First dry roast all the spices on a low flame till fragrant.
- Once the spices cool down, add them to a grinder jar.
- Grind to a semi fine powder. and keep the ground kadai masala aside.
Preparing the kadai mushroom gravy
- In the same jar, add chopped tomatoes.
- Blend the tomatoes to a smooth puree and keep aside.
- Rinse, wipe and then slice the mushrooms. also thinly slice the bell pepper & chop the veggies and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil and add the sliced mushrooms.
- Stir & sauté the sliced mushrooms till they get browned from the edges.
- Remove the mushrooms and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add finely chopped onions. sauté the onions till translucent or light golden.
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté till their raw aroma disappears.
- Add the tomato pureé. Stir and sauté till you see some oil releasing from the sides.
- Then add the sliced capsicum and stir and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the ground kadai masala which we made and stir very well.
- Then add ½ cup water and season with salt.
- Stir & bring the gravy to a simmer on a low flame till you see a few specks of oil on top.
- Add the sautéed mushrooms.
- Lstly add crushed kasuri methi and switch off the stove.
- Stir and then serve.