Thai green curry is a dish known for its complex balance of sweet and spicy flavors. Our hearty fall version features the irresistible combination of sweet butternut.
Serves : 6
Prep&Cook Time : 1 hour
- 225 grams potatoes, roughly chopped
- 100 grams green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 tsp Thai green curry paste
- 400 ml coconut mil
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 450 grams boneless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 kaffir lime leaves finely shredded
- Handful of basil leaves
- Cook the potatoes in a boiling pan of water for five minutes.
- Then, add the beans and cook for three more minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the ginger until it is golden.
- Once golden, add the curry paste and stir for a few seconds.
- Pour in the coconut milk and allow it to come to a boil.
- Add the fish sauce and stir well.
- Add the chicken and stir.
- Turn the heat down, allowing the mixture to simmer and cover the pan.
- Cook for about eight minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the potatoes and beans and allow them to cook for a minute.
- Stir in the kaffir and basil leaves.
- Remove the curry and serve hot with plain white rice!