When you eat pickle with any meal then it increases the sensitivity of our taste buds and many of us like spicy Green Chilly Pickle. Today we will prepare Green Chilly Pickle in Mustard.
Serves : 10
Prep&Cook Time : 40 mins.
- 2 cups green chilies (chopped)
- 6 tbsp mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp rock salt
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup mustard oil or sunflower oil or peanut oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Rinse and wipe dry the green chilies very well.
- Remove the crowns and chop the green chilies into 1” pieces.
- In a dry grinder, powder the mustard seeds coarsely.
- In a clean glass jar, add the green chilies, ground mustard seeds and salt.
- Mix by shaking the jar or use a clean non-reactive spoon to mix the contents of the jar.
- Cover the jar with its lid tightly and keep in the sun for 2 to 3 days.
- After 2 to 3 days, add lemon juice and turmeric powder to the pickle.
- With a clean non-reactive spoon, mix everything very well.
- Close the jar and again keep in the sun for 1 to 2 days.
- After 1 or 2 days, heat mustard oil till its smoking point.
- Pour the mustard oil in the pickle jar.
- Cover the jar with its lid and keep the pickle at room temperature for 4 to 5 days for the pickling process to happen.
- Serve with dal-chawal or parathas.
- If there is no sunlight, you can simply let the pickle stand at room temperature as well.