Carrot rice recipe – Quick rice recipe for the busy days, can make it for lunch, dinner or for lunch box. This carrot rice can be made using grated carrots or finely chopped carrots to suit your liking or convenience.
Serves : 2
Prep&Cook Time : 30 mins.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 small onions, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- 12 cashew nuts
- 10 peanuts
- Sauté the onions in the butter.
- Once they start to brown, add the cashew nuts and peanuts and sauté until they brown.
- Stir in the carrots and ginger and sauté for two to three minutes.
- Add the masala powder and salt to taste.
- Finally, stir in the rice and sauté for two minutes.
- Take the rice off the stove and place in a serving dish.
- Garnish with fried onions and raisins.