Green papaya has a very mild, almost bland taste, but it is the medium through which robust flavor ingredients take body and form. Raw papaya curry is an indian style that would make a fantastic vegetarian dish.
Sereves : 4
prep&Cook Time : 35 mins.
- Raw Papaya – 1 medium
- Onion – 1 small
- Green Chili – 1 or 2
- turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- salt – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Curry leaves – 6 to 8
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Chana Dal – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chili – 1 or 2
- Milk – 1/3 cup
- Heat the oil in a large pan
- Add red chilies, chana dal, urad dal, cumin seeds.
- Stir and once they turn golden color add mustard seeds.
- After the mustard seeds are done popping, add curry leaves and turmeric powder.
- Add chopped onions and green chilies and saute for a min. Add 1 tsp salt.
- Seed out the papaya and cut into small bite-sized pieces
- add the chopped papaya to the pan and fry for 3 min. add 1 tsp salt.
- Close the lid then simmer on low or medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Now you will see the curry becomes like gravy, then add milk to the pan. and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the spices and turn off the heat. Close the lid and let flavors sink into curry.