Rava Ladoo Recipe is a quick and easy to cook. this Indian dessert is very tasty and also hugely popular. It’s perfect to make when time is short but you still want a special dessert.
Serves : 15
Prep&Cook Time : 30 mins.
- 1 cup (200g) Sooji/Rava/Semolina
- ½ cup (100g) Khoya/Mawa
- 100g Khoya or ½ cup Condensed Milk
- ¼ cup Dried Coconut
- 11-12 tbsp Milk
- 1-2 tbsp Ghee
- ½ cup Sugar
- 10-12 Cashews (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Golden Raisins
- ½ tsp Cardamom 5 cardamoms (crushed)
- Heat 1 to 2 tbsp ghee in a pan.
- Add the rava/sooji/semolina and chopped cashews.
- Roast the rava for 8-10 minutes on a low flame till it becomes fragrant and changes its colour. The texture will also appear crumbly, loose and light and the cashews will become slightly golden.
- Add the dried coconut and roast for about one to two minutes on a low flame.
- Add the crumbled or grated khoya/mawa and mix it with the rava.
- Add ½ cup sugar or as per your taste and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder – or 5 crushed cardamoms – and the golden raisins and stir.
- Add milk in parts and keep on stirring and mix thoroughly.
- Once all the milk is absorbed and the sugar has dissolved, remove the pan from fire.
- Grease your palms with ghee and form rava ladoos, while the ladoo mixture is still hot and you can handle the heat.
- Make all rava ladoos this way and store them in an air-tight jar or box.