Paneer khurchan recipe is an easy & quick north indian semi dry curry. This is a Restaurant style scraped panner with capsicum and onions.
The Paneer Khurchan is as simple as preparing an everyday subzi but has an exclusive flavour and texture, perhaps due to the apt combination of veggies and spices with succulent paneer.Make sure you use really fresh and soft paneer for this dish, because it forms the bulk of the subzi and is therefore a key factor behind its success.
Serves : 3
Prep&Cook Time : 30 mins.
- 250 gms paneer
- 2 medium onions
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large green capsicum
- 1 inch ginger, julienne
- 1 or 2 green chilies, slit
- a generous pinch of asafetida
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon low fat cream
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Salt as required
- Cut the paneer into strips of about an inch
- Dice the onions, cube the tomatoes and capsicum, slit the chilies and the ginger should be cut julienne
- In your tawa, add some oil and once hot, add the onions and sauté till they’re translucent
- Add the capsicum and tomatoes in and sauté for about 8 minutes on a low flame
- When the tomatoes are soft, add in the turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, asafoetida and some salt for taste.
- Stir well and then add the green chilies and the ginger. Saute everything well.
- Increase the flame and add the paneer strips and cook the pieces really well.
- Once golden on one side, flip over and repeat till all sides are golden.
- Add in the cream and fenugreek leaves, turn off the flame and stir it all well together.
- Add in the chopped coriander and mix properly and serve hot!