Capsicum rice is fast and flavorful simple recipe, easy and quick to make a delicious dish. The capsicum masala rice is made of a mixture of roasted spices and peanuts for spiciness and nuttiness with various colors of bell peppers added to make it very colorful.
This rice based dish is very refreshing for the fresh crunchy capsicums, masala flavor and crunchy peanuts that gears up the taste of the rice dish and make it an amazing and wonderful rice dish. Capsicum masala rice recipe tastes truly delicious during the rainy and winter bringing in the season of bursting and vibrant colors of the bell peppers and heady spicy fragrance of the masalas.
Serves : 4
Prep&Cook Time : 50 mins.
- Cinnamon Stick 1inch Piece.
- Black Gram Daal(minnapappu) 1 Teaspoons.
- Cumin seeds 1/2 Teaspoons.
- Coriander Seeds 1 Tablespoons.
- Dry red chillies(adjust spice level) 3-4 Piece.
- Roasted Peanuts 3 Tablespoons.
- Freshly Grated Coconut(Optional) 1 Tablespoons.
- Ghee/Oil 2 1/2 Tablespoons.
- Black Mustard Seeds 1 Teaspoons.
- Capsicums(bell peppers)-Thinly Sliced 2 Big.
- Fresh Curry Leaves 10-12 Numbers.
- Cooked Rice 3 Cup.
- To the cooked rice add a tsp of Ghee and combine(each grain should be separate).
- Keep aside.Heat a tsp ghee in a cooking vessel on medium heat and add cumin seeds and black gram and fry till the cumin splutters and the dal turns light brown.
- Add the coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, curry leaves and dry red chillis and fry further for another minute till the rawness disappears and the flavors come out.
- Finally add the roasted peanuts and combine with the other spices for a few seconds and turn off heat.
- Once cool, grind to a make a fine powder. In the same vessel, add the remaining oil/ghee and once its hot, add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves and let the flavor of the curry leaves come out and the leaves turn crisp. Add the sliced capsicums and fry them for approx 3 minutes.
- Dont over cook them, let the capsicums retain their crunchy texture.
- Add salt to taste and combine well. Reduce heat and add the cooked rice and combine with the spice mixture.
- Add the grated coconut,roasted peanuts and ground masala powder and combine with the rice till its well mixed Serve hot with pickle,yogurt,appadam(poppadams).