A mushroom is the fleshy, spore-bearing fruiting body of a fungus, typically produced above ground on soil or on its food source.Anyone who likes Mushrooms, will love Mushroom Manchurian to its death. It is rich in Vitamin D and mushroom manchurian dry is one of the best ways to gorge on its goodness while pleasing taste buds with its spicy taste.
Serves : 4
Prep&Cook Time : 45 mins.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour/maida
- 3 tbsp. cornflour
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder or freshly crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- ¾ cup water
- salt & sugar as required
- 200-250 gms button mushrooms
- 3-4 spring onions, finely chopped – reserve the greens for garnish
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic/lahsun
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger/adrak
- 1 tsp finely chopped celery (optional)
- ½ tsp black pepper powder or crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- 1 medium size green or yellow bell pepper, sliced, diced or chopped
- salt as required
- rinse, wipe and halve the mushrooms. mix everything for the batter.
- heat oil for frying. dip the mushroom in the batter & fry them till golden brown. keep these aside.
- heat oil. add the spring onion whites and stir fry them for a minute on a medium flame.
- now add the chopped celery, green chili, ginger, garlic and some of the spring onion greens.
- stir fry these also for a minute on a medium flame.
- add the black pepper, salt, sugar and soya sauce.
- mix well. add the fried mushroom to this sauce.
- stir so that the sauce coats the mushroom well.
- serve mushroom manchurian hot garnished with chopped spring onion greens and celery.
- the black pepper, sugar and soya sauce can be adjusted to your taste preferences. so is the quantity of ginger, garlic and green chilies can be increased or decreased with your spice preferences.