Green Peas paratha is a very delicious, healthy and filling breakfast. It is served with pickles or curd.Its very easy to make.A paratha is a flatbread that originated in the Indian subcontinent. It is still quite prevalent in the whole Pakistan and the whole of India, where wheat is grown and is the traditional staple of the area. Paratha is an amalgamation of the words parat and atta which literally means layers of cooked dough.
Serves : 4
Prep&Cook Time : 1 hr.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1/4 cup soya flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ghee
For the stuffing
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 cup boiled green peas, mashed
- salt to taste
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- 1 tsp oil for cooking
- Take both the flours and mix with salt. Sieve the mixture well.
- Now, in a big bowl add the flours and ghee and knead to make dough. Add water when necessary.
- Divide this dough into 4 portions.
- In a pan, add some ghee.
- Once the ghee is hot, add cumin seeds.
- Saute until they crackle.
- Now, add the green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Now, add the mashed peas and salt. Saute for about a minute.
- Remove the pan from the stove, and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Divide this mixture too into 4 portions.
- Take one dough and roll it out into a circle using some flour for rolling.
- Place the stuffing in the centre.
- Bring together all the sides of the centre and seal tightly.
- Till it again into a bigger circle.
- Heat a pan and place the paratha when the pan is hot.
- Cook until its golden brown on both sides. Use 1/4 teaspoon of oil.