Jeera aloo is one of those dishes you prepare when you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen and still want to eat something delicious. The coarsely crushed cumin seeds add plenty of texture and flavour and coat the boiled potato pieces perfectly.
Everybody has a different way of preparing jeera aloo and this combo is so perfect that it always turns out tasty. It is also ideal to eat during fasts. You can eat it with any kind of roti and with rice.Follow the instructions below !
- 4 large boiled potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried mango powder
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan
- Once hot add cumin seeds to oil and stir until they begin to brown.
- Add the salt and stir.
- Add the chili powder, mango powder, cumin powder, and coriander seeds and stir.
- Add the potatoes and stir until the potato cubes are coated with masala.
- Add coriander leaves and stir.
- Serve hot with rice or naan.
- Garnish the jeera aloo with coriander leaves.